With fall in full wing, the harvest is bountiful! So to celebrate, October’s posts will be all about veggies –what better time to reap the rewards of summer than by making savoury dishes?
Earlier this week, carrots had their time in the spotlight with this recipe. But now it’s cauliflower’s turn to shine! Even though you may scrunch up your nose at the though of its smell, baking it in the oven with cheese and fresh herbs will turn it from yuck to “you better have saved me some for later”! Here’s how to put it all together, but whether you’re willing to share it or not, that’s up to you!
1 cauliflower head
100 g sour cream
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup Feta cheese
1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, and place the cut-up and washed cauliflower in it. Boil until soft
2. Strain the cauliflower of all water, and place it in a greased oven-safe dish. Round, square –any shape works
3. In a separate dish or small cup, beat the eggs with the sour cream, and garlic powder. Pour over the cauliflower, mixing once with a wooden spoon
4. Crumble the Feta cheese on top, sprinkle the dill, and season with salt!
5. Pop into the oven for approximately 30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, until the top turns golden brown
When all is done, scoop a spoon of sour cream on top and dig in! Second serving anyone?
Style is served!