Weekday lunches can be a little tough to master sometimes. Of course, you would much rather bring something ready-made from home than spend money (and time lining up) for food on the go! But what can you make that’s healthy, yummy, and quick?
My answer to that is always a wrap, they’re the triple threat of lunches! There are endless ingredient combinations, and hold up pretty well in your commute. Translation: you can avoid any sloppy spills when your bus driver decides to floor it or slam on the breaks.
To help narrow down your options, here’s a recipe for my Crispy Chicken Cesar Wrap! It’s like the salad version, only better! It comes with tangy yogurt dressing and fresh kale –what more can you ask for? Not to mention, with all that good stuff your lunch will be guilt free, so you can spend some time shoe shopping during your break instead of hitting up the gym.
2 chicken breasts
1 cup flour
1 cup breadcrumbswhole wheat wraps
1 bunch of kale
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 tsp dill, minced
1/2 pickle, diced
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken breast. With a butcher’s knife, slice each one length-wise so that you end up with strips.
- In a bowl, beat the egg. Pour flour and bread crumbs on to separate plates.
- Drip each chicken strip in the flour, egg, followed by the bread crumbs.
- Cook in a lightly oiled pan over medium heat until golden brown.
- For the yogurt dressing, combine the yogurt, dill, and diced pickle and stir.
- To assemble the wrap, simply cover the inside with the dressing, layer on the kale leaves, followed by the chicken. Wrap it all up, and enjoy!
So whether you’re ready to enjoy it right after it’s made or have to muster up control until tomorrow’s lunch, this wrap will have you saying “yum” at first bite.
Style is served!