While decorating the Christmas tree is always fun, it can’t last forever. So when it’s time to pack up that pine, you also need to find a place for those ornaments!
In my experience, I’ve always ended up opening the box in December only to find that a few of my favourites have been crushed. And let’s face it, with all the gift-shopping, party-hosting, and cookie-baking of the season, no one has the time to dash to the store for a new set. Here are two ideas to make things easier:
Think Inside the Box(Ideal for large ornaments):
Find a box large enough to fit all of your ornaments. Then:
1. Line the bottom with crumpled tissue paper
2.Place the ornaments one beside the other, being careful to not pack them too tightly
3. Put tissue paper in between each row, horizontally, and more crumpled sheets when stacking
The Ribbon Ring(Great for smaller,delicate ornaments):
If starting the holiday season with a box full of broken glass isn’t bad enough, imagine all the work you have to do if the ornaments are tangled! To avoid this:
1. Take a piece of ribbon(yep, it can even be one from an already-opened gift), and string the ornaments on it one by one(as seen in the picture)
2. Once they’re all lined up, loosely tie the ends of the ribbon together to form a ring, and to make sure the ornaments don’t slide off
3. Place them in a box lined with tissue paper
So there you have it! Holiday decor storage made easy, so you can spend more time sipping on Egg Nog than sweeping-up glitter and glass.
Style is served!