Halloween is without a doubt, the one holiday where it’s acceptable to stuff your face with sweets. After all, that’s what all the buzz is about, right? So take out the Tootsie Rolls, savour those Skittles, and chomp on the chocolate bar of your choice! But if you, like me, have a preference for things home-made, then this recipe is for you –candy corn included.
Not quite sure why I’m such a fan of the little tri-coloured nibs, but it may have something to do with their fun hues and creamy flavour. Throw chocolate into the mix, and that’s something I can’t resist. The result? Rich, chocolatey cookies sprinkled with everyone’s favourite fall treat. Here’s the recipe:
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup candy corn
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the softened butter with sugar until well incorporated
- Add the two eggs, one by one, stirring well after each
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients
- Add to the butter-egg mix, and stir until creamy and lump-free
- Scoop table-spoon fulls onto a cookie sheet and bake for approx. 10-12 minutes. 5 minutes before they’re ready, take them out and sprinkle a couple of candy corns on top of each cookie, carefully pressing them in. Pop back in the oven for a few.
Let cool on the sheet, and transfer to the rack for just a little longer (bet that will be the hardest part!). Now you’re set to sit back and dig in.
Style is served!