Do you get tired of chocolates and candy by the time Valentine’s Day rolls around? If yes, then we have one thing in common because why wait for one specific date to eat them when you can treat yourself all year long! If that’s the case and you’re ready to try something new, then these apricot jam cookies will be just right for the occasion. They are ideal for your sweetheart, wonderful co-workers, un-noisy neighbours, and just about everyone else who deserves a little something sweet.
To make your very own batch, see below for all you need to know!
1/2 cup butter (softened, room temperature)
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract1/4 cup apricot jam
2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine the softened butter and sugar. Mix until well incorporated and sugar is no longer grainy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla essence, beating the ingredients together.
- Sift in the cup of flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until dough is formed.
- Refrigerate for an hour, then cut into sections and roll flat.
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to make 1/4 inch-thick cookies. Use a smaller heart-shaped cutter to make a hole in the middle of half your batch.
- Place on baking sheet 1/2 inch apart and bake for approximately 8 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Spoon a teaspoon of jam onto the centre of each (whole) bottom half, and sprinkle sugar onto the heart-cutout part. Stick the two together, and bite in!
There you have it, ready to eat in no time! With the tangy goodness of apricots and sweet taste of icing sugar, these cookies are guaranteed to be your jam.