Coconuts often remind us of well-deserved vacations and sitting in the sun while sippin’ on a cool pina colada! But fear not, you don’t have to travel far to enjoy the taste of this tropical fruit.
That’s right, you can treat yourself year-round…like right now for instance! How? Forgo the drinks and combine coconut in recipes instead. Among the easiest to make and tastiest are these chocolate dipped macaroons, guaranteed to fly off the plate, platter, or pedestal.
3 eggs (whites only)
200 grams unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tbsp flour
1/3 cup sugar
100 grams milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients: coconut, flour, sugar.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until the foam form stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold in the coconut mix.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, make little mounds with your hands placing them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Take out and let cool on a rack.
- To melt your chocolate, pour into heat-proof bowl, and heat on top of boiling water. Stir constantly.
- Dip the bottom of each macaroon into the melted chocolate, and transfer onto a wire rack to set. If desired, you can place into the fridge for approx. 30 mins.
So sit back, take a bite, and think of the tropics!
Style is served!