Cheese, dips, and soups beware –there’s a new kind of cracker in town! So move aside everything else that’s in your pantry and swap it for lavash bread. This is ideal for pairing with whatever is on your party menu, or even as a snack.
Why am I raving about it? Well, probably because it’s easy to make and is oh so versatile. With water and flour as the main ingredients, you’re ready to whip this recipe up at any time –perfect for those times when guests pencil in a last-minute visit. Just add slices of your favorite cheese, some prosciutto, a few grapes and there’s a platter that no one can resist. Of course, the lavash wouldn’t be the same without the help from a little salt and sesame seeds! For all you need, see below:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white sugar
1/3 cup room temperature water
1 1/2 egg whites
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Start off by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small/medium bowl, mix together all your dry ingredients, such as the flour, sugar and salt
- Then, add the water, followed by 1/2 an egg white and melted butter. Mix all of these up until well incorporated and until dough is formed. Knead well until smooth and lump-free
- Divide dough into balls and roll into long rectangular sheets until super thin. Place on ungreased underside (or back side) of a baking pan. Make sure to brush each slice with egg whites, and generously sprinkle the sesame seeds on top
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes, until golden
See? It’s not that hard to have crackers ready –for any occasion! So give this perfect party partner a try, it won’t let you down.
Style is served!