Lemons are the one fruit that you can’t just sit and savour on their own –or else you’d be left puckering your perfectly glossed lips. That doesn’t mean that they don’t make a great ingredient, however! So whether you’re whipping up a cooling lemonade or incorporating zest in cookies, you can’t help but love them.
One of my favourite recipes are lemon bars! They’re sweet, sour, and just the right amount of tangy. Best of all, they are also incredibly refreshing and pair perfectly with a warm cup of tea or your morning latte. Here’s what you’ll need to give them a try:
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 cups white flour
2 lemons (juice, zest of one)
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, pour 1/2 cup of sugar and sift in 1 3/4 cups of flour. Add in the softened butter and mix with your hands until dough has formed.
- Spread the dough in a 9×9 inch pan. Pop in the oven and bake for approx. 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- While your crust is baking, mix the 1 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup flour. Then, add in the eggs, along with the juice of two lemons, and grated zest of one.
- When the crust is baked, take it out of the oven and pour the lemon mix on top. Put it back in the oven and bake for another 20 minutes or so.
- Let cool completely before cutting, and even store in the fridge overnight for best results. Then you’ll be ready to cut perfect little triangles (or squares, or circles…whatever shape your heart desires).
Style is served!
Leave a Reply