Did you ever buy too much spinach? (Even though I swear that is impossible, because you need massive quantities to make anything…am I right?). Well here’s a solution: freeze them up to make the perfect spinach smoothie cubes!
1 bag (230 g) of fresh spinach
- Rinse the spinach under cold water
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil
- In the meantime, prepare a separate bowl with ice water and set it aside
- Once the water in the pot is boiling, place the spinach inside and boil for 3 minutes or so, until bright green
- Remove the spinach from the pot, and place it in the ice water for a few minutes
- Strain until the majority of excess water is removed
- Make little bundles and stuff them in the ice tray
- Freeze and enjoy as needed!
Note: These are great for stews or soups too if you freeze them whole. You can also opt to blend them and freeze that way instead for smoothies.