Afraid of getting your dose of greens? Fear no more, this incredibly rich and creamy mushroom & kale gnocchi recipe is one you’ll be making again and again, and it’ll leave you saying oh “kale” yeah with every bite you take.
Inspired by this recipe from Jillian Harris, I just couldn’t resist! She “gnoch”ed it out of the park. So with a few modifications (this is not vegan like the original) and shortcuts, ThePoshDish version is ready. So voila, enjoy –and head over to Jillian’s site to check out her version.
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 1/2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup wine
4 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 chicken stock cube
2 cups Alfredo sauce (I prefer President’s Choice Blue Menu)
1 package gnocchi, cooked according to package instructions
2 cups of green kale, stems removed
- In a large saucepan, saute the chopped shallot along with the butter over medium heat
- Add the chicken stock to the mix for flavouring, and stir
- Mix in the wine, continuing to stir
- Add your sliced mushrooms to the pan and let them reduce over medium heat
- Once the mushrooms are reduced, add in your Alfredo sauce, and keep stirring until well incorporated
- Add the kale, and cook until bright green (about 2 minutes)
- Add in the cooked gnocchi (they only take about 5 minutes), and toss around the pan so they’re covered with this rich sauce.
And there you have it! Ready in just minutes, and guaranteed to be your new go-to.
Style is served!