Let’s be honest, veggies aren’t always at the top of everyone’s culinary lust list. When you’re thinking of indulgent meals many other things come to mind. Succulent steak, crisp bacon, and all things deep-fried. But the older I get, the more I realize that there are other options out there that make veggies more fun. Especially when my body craves them after a gluttonous Easter. Who’s with me?
My latest experiment? Veggie burgers! I recently discovered Wholly Veggie patties –and the options are endless. I’ve had these in salads, in wraps, and in this latest version, as a burger. And no, this isn’t a promoted post, it’s really how much I love them. Combine this with my tangy yoghurt-dill dressing, and you’ll be asking for seconds!
Ingredients (makes 4):
Burger & toppings:
1 box of Herby Garlic Greens Wholly Veggie patties (4 in one box)
4 leaves of red kale
1/2 red onion
4 slices Blue cheese
1 cup pickled parsnips
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp finelly chopped dill
1. In a medium bowl, combine the yoghurt with the mayonnaise and stir well.
2. Add the finely chopped garlic, followed by the dill. Stir until combined.
3. Finish off with the splash of lime.
1. Toast the buns or grill them for extra crunch.
2. Grill your Wholly Veggie burger in a pan or on the BBQ, until you have some nice, golden-brown grill marks.
3. Start your layering with the red kale, followed by the parsnips.
4. Add the patty, then a slice of blue cheese.
5. Top off with a tablespoon of the sour cream dill dressing, and the red onion.
6. Sandwich all the good stuff with the top part of the bun, and bite in!
Do you have a favourite way to make veggies a more enjoyable part of your diet?
Style is served!